[Stackless] Draft for new wiki page: Boost.Python

Rob Coops rcoops at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 16:26:08 CEST 2006

Sorry for not beeing clearer, but this is what I found on the following
page:
http://zwiki.org/1220CreateSubtopicButtonDoesntRespectFolderPermissionInPlone21#msg20060303153429-0800%20%3Cat%3E%20zwiki.org

fenestro showed me a problem: in Plone 2.1 the page management form's create
button is controlled by the Zwiki: Add pages permission on the site root,
when it should be controlled by the permission of the page's containing
folder. This appears to be a bug with Plone 2.1
ATFolders?<http://zwiki.org/1220CreateSubtopicButtonDoesntRespectFolderPermissionInPlone21/createform?page=ATFolders>-
container refers to the site root.

http://dev.plone.org/archetypes/ticket/644

*comments:*

*or.. ?* --simon, Fri, 03 Mar 2006 16:23:21
-0800<http://zwiki.org/1220CreateSubtopicButtonDoesntRespectFolderPermissionInPlone21#msg20060303162321-0800@zwiki.org>
reply<http://zwiki.org/1220CreateSubtopicButtonDoesntRespectFolderPermissionInPlone21?subject=or..%20%3F&in_reply_to=%3C20060303162321-0800%40zwiki.org%3E#bottom>
But, http://plone.demo.zwiki.org/testwiki/FrontPage/test shows a PT in the
context of a zwiki page seeing the correct container value. So perhaps a
problem in the special way Zwiki invokes skin templates. See addSkinTo() in
UI.py.

*confirmd!* --rik , Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:53:19
-0800<http://zwiki.org/1220CreateSubtopicButtonDoesntRespectFolderPermissionInPlone21#msg20060314105319-0800@zwiki.org>
reply<http://zwiki.org/1220CreateSubtopicButtonDoesntRespectFolderPermissionInPlone21?subject=confirmd%21&in_reply_to=%3C20060314105319-0800%40zwiki.org%3E#bottom>
i'm also using a 2.1 installation, and had been unable to allow members
(only) to create subtopic pages. ie, only "reparent" and "rename" buttons
were there despite my having changed all security permissions.

but as soon as i changed the "Zwiki: Add pages" permission *TO THE SITE ROOT
* the "create" button shows up!

*fixed for 0.52* --simon, Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:29:37
-0800<http://zwiki.org/1220CreateSubtopicButtonDoesntRespectFolderPermissionInPlone21#msg20060331182937-0800@zwiki.org>
reply<http://zwiki.org/1220CreateSubtopicButtonDoesntRespectFolderPermissionInPlone21?subject=fixed%20for%200.52&in_reply_to=%3C20060331182937-0800%40zwiki.org%3E#bottom>

Yes, Zwiki wasn't setting up enough ZODB acquisition context for templates
it got from the filesystem. Thanks!
It looks like a simple mather of updating the wiki.