[Stackless] 3.1b3 on 2.4.3 crashes with PyQt on Windows

Carlos Eduardo de Paula cedepaula at yahoo.com.br
Thu Aug 17 21:57:22 CEST 2006

Guys,

After some(many) hours on this thing... I could make it work.. (almost everything... ).

Here what I did very briefly, I´m doing it all again to check and writing a guide:

1. Removed all stuff related to compilers, python, modules, etc from my computer to start from scratch.
2. Got the Stackless trunk from the SVN tree
3. Got the Python 2.5b3 from python.org
4. Installed MS VC++ 2005 Express(Free) edition to my computer
5. Installed MS Platform SDK R2 and configured VC++ to use its libs
6. Compiled Stackless using the solution file from the PCBuild directory. (VS converted the 7.1 files to its format) Richard, the files from PCBuild8 didnt work. To use the PCBuild projects I had to include the ..\Stackless, ..\Stackless\Core, etc...
7. Placed the compiled files (DLLs, EXE, libs, etc...) in \SPython25
8. Unpacked QT
9. Patched QT with QTFree
10. Unzipped SIP
11. SIP doesnt compiles with VC++2005.. I found that you need to change some stuff in siplib.c (gonna contact the creator)
12. Compile SIP and install
13. Unzip PyQt and compile
14. Thanks god it worked... (it was not easy... )

Ps. Could not compile Psyco, the Distutils module doesnt have configuration to use MS VC++ 2005 Express will check this later

I will post a guide with details on all steps later... as soon as I do it all again.

Regards to all people that helped me.... and all guys that posted the thousands of guides around the internet that I read today.

Carlos