[Stackless] 3.1b3 on 2.4.3 crashes with PyQt on Windows

Carlos Eduardo de Paula cedepaula at yahoo.com.br
Thu Aug 17 00:07:30 CEST 2006

Investigating a little I ran my application that uses PyQt inside Cygwin with GDB (debugger). I dont know very much how to debug apps so my knowledge is limited. Also I think I need python compiled in debug mode so IF anyone could help me in this issue I would be grateful.

Running the application on it gave me the following:

[19:03][cpaula at DSTAPIS232536:/cygdrive/c/carlos/kmm]$ gdb --args python kmm.py
GNU gdb 6.3.50_2004-12-28-cvs (cygwin-special)
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-cygwin"...(no debugging symbols found)

(gdb) run
Starting program: /cygdrive/c/Carlos/Apps/Python24/python.exe kmm.py

0x1e0a8c08 in python24!PyString_FromFormatV () from /cygdrive/c/Carlos/Apps/Python24/python24.dll
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x1e0a8c08 in python24!PyString_FromFormatV () from /cygdrive/c/Carlos/Apps/Python24/python24.dll
#1  0x00eea4e0 in sip!initsip ()
Previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)

Now I dont know where to go... I compiled everything again, QT, SIP and PyQt and the error persists.. if I can help in any way just point out.

Thanks for all and sorry bothering you guys,

Carlos