[Stackless] Fwd: problem with build under linux ppc

Santiago Gala santiago.gala at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 17:52:23 CEST 2006

oops, I forgot to reply-all

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Santiago Gala <santiago.gala at gmail.com>
Date: Aug 24, 2006 10:11 PM
Subject: Re: [Stackless] problem with build under linux ppc
To: Jeff Senn <senn at maya.com>

On 8/23/06, Jeff Senn <senn at maya.com> wrote:
> Santiago- what version of gcc are you using?

gcc-4.1.1 (Gentoo)

> I don't do linux-ppc, but the frame pointer thing
> did change in *darwin-ppc* between gcc-3.x and gcc-4.x (and I don't
> really understand exactly why...).  So (if this is because
> Santiago is using gcc-4.x)  I suppose it is conceivable that no one
> was compiling with gcc-4.x on linux-ppc before now...

Then I guess the changes in the configure stuff is for
linux-ppc-gcc-4*, which looks even more difficult to achieve for me.
Gentoo is about to use gcc-4.1 in the next profile and, at least for
ppc, the quality of generated code is so much better for gcc-4 than 3
that I guess every distro that has not switched already will do it
soon

I can survive, I just need to remember to edit the Makefile after
configuring to remove the -fno-omit-frame-pointer bit

Regards
Santiago.