[Stackless] Stackless for Python 2.5b2 / help required

Jeff Senn senn at maya.com
Thu Aug 3 20:36:35 CEST 2006

Richard Tew wrote:
>> I'm not sure how to resolve it... Richard?
>
> Step through the reproducibility case with Stackless disabled
> and with it enabled until the difference in behaviour is obvious?

Yeah...well... :-)

I did this a bit, but am unfamiliar with how Stackless is currently
doing the unwinding (especially around gen_send_ex).
Basically what is happening is that the 2nd to last function call return is
resumed with PyEval_EvalFrame_noval in
f->f_execute (rather than the EvalFrame_value version as I would expect) and
therefore the return value is not pushed onto the stack.

It doesn't seem like the stack frame is swallowed since if I do debugger
surgery and replace f->f_execute at exactly the right time, the test runs
to successful completion...

> I will see if I can allocate time to give it a shot tomorrow
> afternoon. Having someone else help out is giving me some
> more energy to get Stackless for 2.5 complete, thanks Jeff! :)

I was kind of hoping you'd just spot the problem... :-)

-Jas