[Stackless] stackless for gumstix

Jeff Senn senn at maya.com
Wed Aug 30 22:01:34 CEST 2006

I've managed to build Stackless Python 2.4.3 (www.stackless.com)
for my Gumstix (Xscale) board (www.gumstix.com).  Not a lot of testing
yet, but it seems to basically work.

Gumstix folks: If someone would like to package and add to Buildroot,
I can
provide patches...

Stackless folks: It appears that for this device we might need
a slightly modified version of the slp_switch stuff
but that is not compiled as a "thumb mode" function).  I took a stab
at this...
by simply removing the "thumb" and "thumb_func" from the thumb .s
but does anyone have any real experience here? Is this likely to work?

Oh: and does anyone know the "right" way to add the stray compilation of
the ASM file to the python/configure/build process? Richard, did you
do this
for your arm build? (Or did you just compile it by hand, like I'm

Stackless mailing list
Stackless at stackless.com