[Stackless] Stackless for Python 2.5b2 / help required

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 16:08:39 CEST 2006

On 8/3/06, Jeff Senn <senn at maya.com> wrote:
> Jeff Senn wrote:
> > Something seems to be getting messed up on the VM valuestack.
> > The actual problem is that we get to the very end of the
> > test that is failing (and in (contextlib.py:def nested(...)" the last
> > finally)
>
> I'm really surprised that this is not more ubiquitous...
> we're lucky the contextlib test caught this, as it has nothing
> to do with the new 'with' behavior.

Yes, I was surprised by that as well.

> I'm not sure how to resolve it... Richard?

Step through the reproducibility case with Stackless disabled
and with it enabled until the difference in behaviour is obvious?

I will see if I can allocate time to give it a shot tomorrow
afternoon. Having someone else help out is giving me some
more energy to get Stackless for 2.5 complete, thanks Jeff! :)