[Stackless] Stackless for Python 2.5b2 / help required

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 11:29:59 CEST 2006

On 8/4/06, Jeff Senn <senn at maya.com> wrote:
> Richard Tew wrote:
> > Have you run the Python regression tests and Stackless
> > unit tests with your fix in place?
>
> Yep - seems to pass all the normal python tests (and it
> additionally causes your patch to never have to do anything
> - I inserted a temporary check).  So it passes with mine and
> yours, and also passes with just mine.
>
> I haven't carefully gone through the stackless specific
> tests yet...

I have the latest from SVN, with my change commented out
and yours applied.  But I get an access violation when I
run the code in release mode, and the standard assertion
in debug mode where EvalFrame has a frame with the
stackpointer unexpectedly set to NULL.  This happens
on the first test in the Python regression test suite.

"Unhandled exception at 0x1e044078 (python25.dll) in python.exe:
0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00000000."

>	python25.dll!PyEval_EvalFrame_value(_frame * f=0x00a89e58, int
throwflag=0, _object * retval=0x00000000)  Line 899 + 0x4	C

-- >8 --

	if (throwflag) { /* support for generator.throw() */
		why = WHY_EXCEPTION;
#ifdef STACKLESS
		if(f->f_execute == PyEval_EvalFrame_noval) {
			f->f_execute = PyEval_EvalFrame_value;
		}
#endif
		goto on_error;
	}

#ifdef STACKLESS
	if (f->f_execute == PyEval_EvalFrame_value) {
        /* this is a return */
->		PUSH(retval); /* we are back from a function call */
	}
	else {

-- >8 --