[Stackless] Detaching Tasklets from Channels

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 9 21:33:33 CEST 2006

Hello Colleagues:

I noticed that one cannot perform a tasklet.remove()
on a tasklet that is blocked on a channel.

In the future I would like the ability to pickle
individual tasklets that are blocked on a channel.
Example, I have a tasklet that has been waiting a long
time for I/O, so I would like my scheduler to
serialise the tasklet to disk. In turn, I would like
to re-attach the tasklet when there is I/O.

Is there a theoretical reason while it would be bad to
add channel.remove(task) and channel.add(task)
methods? I am assuming those methods exist internally?

Cheers,
Andrew