[Stackless] Compatibility?

Ethan Glasser-Camp glasse at cs.rpi.edu
Fri Aug 11 02:09:41 CEST 2006

Richard Tew wrote:
> I get the feeling you are leading up to something with this question?
> Are you going to offer to look into this problem? :)

I'm a Python user who is interested in Stackless, and I asked in
#debian-python how likely it was to get Stackless packaged for Debian,
Another Python user suggested I ask on debian-python at lists.debian.org,
but it might be good to find out how compatible Stackless was with
CPython. I think there is a new Python policy being developed which is
intended to able to cope with numerous Python interpreters and only
one copy of each library, but this requires a certain amount of
compatibility between interpreters. In any event, the user who
suggested I do the research said not to hold my breath, as it wasn't
planned for the upcoming release. :)

Ethan