[Stackless] Installation of Stackless 2.4.3

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 01:43:46 CEST 2006

On 8/5/06, Sylvain Baro <sylvain.baro at laposte.net> wrote:
> I tried to install from source Python Stackless 2.4.3 on an OpenBSD/
> arm machine. After doing ./configure, make, a little tweaking of
> posix module, then make install,
> I got a working Python installation, but which cannot find stackless
> module.
>
> Did I miss a stage in the installation process ?

If support for your platform has not been added, then
the Stackless functionality will be disabled when you
compile it.  This happens in Stackless/stackless.h

You are probably going to have to add support yourself
if you want to use Stackless on this platform.  It is not
that hard, you just need to do a little assembly
programming, providing a file for your platform which
does what the others in Stackless/platf do for the
other platforms.  Unless someone else out there who
has already done this, for themselves, for your platform,
steps forward and provides the changes.

I already have some arm thumb code I added which
works for the Nintendo DS.  If you can compile
Stackless using this, most of the work might
already be done for you.

It doesn't take much programming skill.  I managed
to do it :)  If you need any direction and wish to do
this, please feel free to ask for help.  You can
currently find me on  irc.freenode.net in #stackless
or you can ask on the mailing list.