[Stackless] problem with build under linux ppc

Jeff Senn senn at maya.com
Wed Aug 23 16:00:41 CEST 2006

On Aug 23, 2006, at 9:28 AM, Richard Tew wrote:

> On 8/22/06, Santiago Gala <santiago.gala at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I was having problems with stackless build under linux ppc, both
>> 2.4.3-xx and 2.5.0-xx (svn) until I discovered the solution:
>>
>> like darwin, linux ppc needs to *omit* the frame pointer in SLPFLAGS:
>
> Since Stackless support for this platform is present, it must
> be working for someone, or at the least have worked in the
> past.  So, I am a bit apprehensive about making changes
> unless I know the effect on those who can use the status
> quo.
>
> Does anyone know what needs to be changes to make
> the slp_switch code work with the frame pointer not
> omitted?

Santiago- what version of gcc are you using?

I don't do linux-ppc, but the frame pointer thing
did change in *darwin-ppc* between gcc-3.x and gcc-4.x (and I don't
really understand exactly why...).  So (if this is because
Santiago is using gcc-4.x)  I suppose it is conceivable that no one
was compiling with gcc-4.x on linux-ppc before now...

-Jas