[Stackless] Detaching Tasklets from Channels

olsongt at verizon.net olsongt at verizon.net
Fri Aug 11 16:04:47 CEST 2006

> From: Richard Tew <richard.m.tew at gmail.com>
> On 8/11/06, Andrew Francis <andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I re-read the post. I read the PEP on pickling. I
> > tried the example. I got a cannot run a blocked
> > tasklet so I removed the list comprehension. The
> > example then worked! Too cool!!! This technique should
> > be added as an idiom (I am having problems editing my
> > home page on the wiki).
>
> Any chance you can add it Andrew?
>
> Any time I add one, I have to wonder how much of an idiom it really is :)
>
> Thanks,
> Richard.

I've been meaning to send a minor patch that corrects some outdated info in the docstrings for stackless' objects, but have been lazy.  Based on this thread, I noticed that both __setstate__ and __reduce__ have the nondescriptive docstring "currently does not distinguish threads."  I'll try to write something more descriptive and get a patch posted this weekend.

-Grant