[Stackless] Port of 2.4.3 for arm32 and Zaurus

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 10:34:52 CEST 2006

On 8/15/06, Sylvain Baro <sylvain.baro at laposte.net> wrote:
> With the great help of Richard, I managed to port and run Stackless
> to OpenBSD for Zaurus.

I just did lots of handwaving.  You did the work :)

> Here is a link to the files to use : http://basy.free.fr/
> stackless_arm_zaurus.tgz

> Sorry to produce post configure patches I'm not very fond/skilled
> in ./configure scripts

You've used the inline assembly method.  I have a suspicion that
if I used this switching function with the version of gcc that comes
with devkitarm (for GBA and NDS), it would have the stack
register preservation problems I had with the thumb switching
inlined code, and I would have to create a full assembler
routine like there is for thumb.  But I think it is probably useful
to have both.

Didn't you have a problem with the stack register preservation
with your version of gcc?

Why do you modify the fp register?

I see you also save r1, r2 and r3.  The reason I don't do the same
is that I read somewhere that r0-r3 do not need to be preserved.
Also, they were not used in the assembler version of the inlined
switch which I used as a base.