[Stackless] Stackless for Python 2.5b2 / help required

Jeff Senn senn at maya.com
Mon Aug 7 15:22:52 CEST 2006

Richard Tew wrote:

> I have the latest from SVN, with my change commented out
> and yours applied.  But I get an access violation when I
> run the code in release mode, and the standard assertion
> in debug mode where EvalFrame has a frame with the
> stackpointer unexpectedly set to NULL.  This happens
> on the first test in the Python regression test suite.
>
> "Unhandled exception at 0x1e044078 (python25.dll) in python.exe:
> 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00000000."

Hm. Weird. Works for me on OS-X... I wouldn't expect a
difference like that because of platform...

And I can't easily build a whole windows dist - I don't
see the 2.5b2 windows dist anymore (since b3)...
I usually just use the standard installer and build the core.

Is it time to apply the b2->b3 diffs to the stackless trunk too?

I guess we go with your patch - I find it hard to think
about though [ but that's my problem :-) ].

-Jas