[Stackless] 2.5b3 has been merged into SVN trunk

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 15:38:47 CEST 2006

On 8/24/06, Jeff Senn <senn at maya.com> wrote:
> I'm reading that Christian was not sure that
> the "global interthread lock" was necessary --
> which is, I believe, what we are discussing (it's the only thing
> in the diff between that revision that he could be referring to).
>
> I applaud the conservatism, but now I need the feature, so I'd like
> to enable it.
>
> Hm.  If it's more comfortable I could add some sort of stackless
> module property
> that controls the behavior so that someone would need to explicitly
> turn it on...
>
> Thoughts?

I was hoping that the change would be an isolated one
where the parts you are changing one way with your
patch were changed the other way with a directly
applicable check-in comment that would say
everything I needed to hear :)

I guess for me to check this in, I need to understand it.
I'll spend time on that tomorrow morning.