[Stackless] Stackless 2.5 and SVN

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 14:13:43 CEST 2006

Hi,

Just an update, related to the release of 2.5c1 and SVN.

Firstly, I have merged in the changes from 2.5b3 to 2.5c1
into the Stackless SVN trunk.  However, the Stackless SVN
trunk is a branch of the core Python trunk, which is now used for
2.6 development and changes that will not be going into 2.5.
For core Python fixes to 2.5, these changes will be made in its
branch release25-maint.

http://svn.python.org/projects/python/branches/release25-maint/

See here:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-checkins/2006-August/055612.html

What this means for 2.5 with regard to Stackless, is that you now
get the latest from the corresponding Stackless release25-maint
branch.

http://svn.python.org/projects/stackless/branches/release25-maint/

You can switch your local copy of the Stackless trunk to use that
instead, which you will probably want to do, as a local copy of the
Stackless trunk is not much use anymore.  I say this because I
have no plans at this stage to merge in from the Python trunk
on a regular basis, and no plans to support Stackless for 2.6 at
this stage.

Please respond if you have any comments or thoughts,