[Stackless] 2.5b3 has been merged into SVN trunk

Sébastien Pierre sebastien at xprima.com
Mon Aug 14 16:21:20 CEST 2006

Hi Richard,

> > De : "Richard Tew" <richard.m.tew at gmail.com>
> > Date : 14 août 2006 07:08:47 HAE
> > À : stackless at stackless.com
> > Objet : [Stackless] 2.5b3 has been merged into SVN trunk

> > Things people can do to help out:
> >
> > - Compile it and make sure it compiles properly on your platform.  I
> >   have only compiled it on Windows with Visual Studio 2003.  I see
> >   there were changes merged into the configure scripts, these have
> >   been problematic after merges in the past, so it would be good to
> >   get feedback that they work fine.  Both running the configure script
> >   and deleting it and building it from the configure.in script
> > would be
> >   good.

On Ubuntu Dapper with GCC  4.0.3, I got the following error compiling
Stackless SVN trunk:

gcc -pthread -c -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes  -I. -I./Include -I./Stackless   -DPy_BUILD_CORE -o Objects/genobject.o Objects/genobject.c
Objects/genobject.c:44: erreur: conflicting types for «slp_gen_send_ex»
./Stackless/core/stackless_impl.h:113: erreur: previous declaration of «slp_gen_send_ex» was here
make: *** [Objects/genobject.o] Erreur 1

This can be fixed by commenting out line Objects/genobject.c:44 (which
looks like a hack, actually). Then the same error happens for:

Stackless/core/stacklesseval.c:427: erreur: conflicting types for «slp_gen_send_ex»
Stackless/core/stackless_impl.h:113: erreur: previous declaration of «slp_gen_send_ex» was here

Had to change Stackless/core/stackless_impl.h:113 from

  PyAPI_FUNC(PyObject *) slp_gen_send_ex(PyObject *gen, PyObject *arg, int exc);

  PyAPI_FUNC(PyObject *) slp_gen_send_ex(PyGenObject *gen, PyObject *arg, int exc);

One this is done, Stackless compiles well and all tests succeed.
Thanks for your work :)

 -- Sébastien