[Stackless] Need help: Profiling in stackless, and Psyco [Fixed]

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 06:32:04 CET 2006

On 12/23/06, H. Song <venomfly1213 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I thought anyone who uses stackless on commercial-grade projects would be interested in this matter, but I couldn't find any suitable solution in the list archives, or the repository.
>
> Has someone already dealt with this? If so, please post solutions or advices. I'd be deeply grateful.

The only relevant thing I could find on it is this post by Jeff Senn.
http://www.stackless.com/pipermail/stackless/2002-August/000492.html
Not sure whether you have looked at it and whether it can be translated
to work with the current state of the profile module.

A working example of this would be a good addition to the examples
in the SVN repository.

I would have assumed that in order to get relevant profiling times, Stackless
would need to extend any profiling mechanism to stop the profiling of the
current function in a tasklet when another tasklet is scheduled, and the new
one restarted.  Not sure whether Jeff's profile changes did something like
that or what.

No idea about Psyco (either :-)) sorry.