[Stackless] Problem with imported modules

Nicholas Gildea nick.gildea at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 01:02:18 CEST 2006

Hey,

I'm using boost.python to embed stackless python in my application.
I've written a small test application based on the watchdog-cpp
example in stackless distribution. This seems to work ok, I can create
instances of classes from my module.

However, when I try to do the same thing with my pre-existing code,
attempting to import the modules from the python script results in an
error, "The application has caused the run time to exit in an unusual
manner". Similarly, if simply attempt to expose a global-scope
function this will result in a Py_FatalError, with the message "DECREF
invalid object". However, what's more telling is the call stack: it
shows the calls going from my function to KiUserExceptionDispatcher().
Which makes me think that something is blowing up somewhere. :)

Has anybody seen something like this before? Or have any ideas on
where I could start looking to get it sorted?

Thanks.