[Stackless] Make the Stackless Scheduler Your Friend Re: Realistic ticking and acting

stackless at kaishaku.org stackless at kaishaku.org
Fri Jul 14 22:36:02 CEST 2006

Quoting "Richard Tew" <richard.m.tew at gmail.com> :

> On 7/14/06, stackless at kaishaku.org <stackless at kaishaku.org> wrote:
> > I think if channels returned controlled to the caller
> > when blocked I would have a much easier time with this.
>
> You mean like the preference attribute allows you to do?
>
>     preference:	    0    no preference, caller will continue
> 		    1    sender will be inserted after receiver and run
> 		    -1   receiver will be inserted after sender and run

I've read that many times hoping it was what I wanted, but it isn't.

Like generators, I want the sub-routine/tasklet to execute *some*
(ie. one "iteration") then return control to the caller. In tasklets
the "iteration" is defined by channels, in generators by yield.

>From what I've tried, and given my understanding of "help(channel)"
as pasted above, "preference = 0" does not act like generators.

--
 kai