[Stackless] Is this me, or stackless?

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 08:51:10 CEST 2006

On 7/8/06, Grant Olson <olsongt at verizon.net> wrote:
> > On 7/8/06, Richard Tew <richard.m.tew at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Here's a patch that fixes the problem.  Anyone want to
> > take a look and give a second opinion before I check it in?
>
> Well it functions [I'm still not up-to-speed enough to make any architecture
> related judgements ;-) ]
>
> I just checked out Python2.4.3/dev and built it on windows.  Before this
> patch, it ran fine in release build mode, and threw an assertion error in
> the debug mode.  After the patch, things ran fine in debug mode.
>
> I still never got a real crash on XP though, just an assertion error that
> triggered a breakpoint in debug mode.

Ah yes, you are right.  I just get the assertion error as well.  Since
I haven't seen any problems on one platform that aren't generally
on every other, I assumed it was directly related.

I'd be interested in whether your user still gets the crash with the
patch in place, can you get them to try it?