[Stackless] Compiling Stackless on Mac OS X

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 09:17:44 CEST 2006

On 7/4/06, Max Noel <maxfnoel at gmail.com> wrote:
> My box is a dual G5 Power Mac running OS X 10.4.7, and I'm compiling
> with the Apple-supplied GCC 4.0.1. "Regular" CPython 2.4.3 compiles
> and works fine.
>
> Has anyone had any success in compiling/running Stackless on OS X? If
> so, what did I do wrong? If not, how can I help in getting it to work?

One more thing.  It would be interesting to see the result of the following
command:

  gcc -S -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-double -no-cpp-precomp -mno-
fused-madd -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -I. -I./Include -
I./Stackless  -DPy_BUILD_CORE -fomit-frame-pointer -O2 slp_transfer.c

Some of the options may not work, it has been a while since I did this,
so you might have to remove some to get the -S option to work (and
produce the assembler).  I don't know why it has O2 and O3, or which
it uses, I just copied it from the line you quoted above so it would
produce the same assembler code as the stuff that is erroring.

Thanks,