[Stackless] Giving names for tasklets

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 19:30:52 CEST 2006

Meant to send this to the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Richard Tew
Date: Jun 27, 2006 5:29 PM
Subject: Re: [Stackless] Giving names for tasklets
To: Juho Mäkinen

On 6/27/06, Juho Mäkinen <juho.makinen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I also added a __del__ method to NamedTasklet in hope that it will be called
> when the tasklet is done, without any success.
>
> All additional ideas are well accepted :)

Are you sure there isn't a reference to the tasklet somewhere?
Is the tasklet being done, it actually being garbage collected?

You could always do what I do and also wrap the running of the
tasklet so that you have a try/except around it, and catch any
raised exceptions before they reach the top of the call stack
uncaught.

Like in:

http://www.stackless.com/pipermail/stackless/2006-April/001658.html

But put a try/except around old_f(...) and also handle the exiting
of the new_f.