[Stackless] debugging and IDEs

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Thu Jun 1 13:37:25 CEST 2006

Greg Perry wrote:
> Hello, for some reason this email keeps getting bounced although I am a
> member of the stackless mailing list.

Weird.

>  >Does anyone here use an IDE with Stackless, and if so, which ones?  I
> have been using WingIDE, it allows one to replace the default Python
> interpreter but there is no support for debugging Stackless.

I'm using Boa constructor on wxPython with some success.

> Speaking of debugging, are their any debuggers out there that can deal
> with Stackless' modifications?

Not really. Some work more or less, the PythonWin debugger works
so far, Boa's too, as long as there are soft switches, only.
Things get fishy with stack slicing...

I actually haven't looked since quite a while, should try again.
Most of my debugging happens on the C level.

ciao - chris