[Stackless] Solution Using Twisted Tasks ? Re: Suggestion for a Solution ? Re: Blocking Problem with Stackless Python and Twisted

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 28 20:09:18 CEST 2006

Hello Patrick et al:

--- "Patrick M. Nielsen" <thirsteh at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had a similar problem, and Radix's threadless
> Twisted snippet proved to be
> a very viable solution
> Have a look at:

Thanks for the advice. Bob Ippolito also suggested
this. However I have been experimenting with the
Twisted task class.

I am still testing but I have done the following with

1. Set up a function -

def pump():

2. l = task.LoopingCall(pump)
   reactor.listenTCP(port, MyHttpFactory())

While Twisted waits for a connection, the call to
pump() allows other tasklets that are waiting, a
chance to run.

Once I know all the ins-and-outs, I will write this up
in the Wiki including an example.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Do You Yahoo!?

Stackless at stackless.com