[Stackless] Blocking Problem with Stackless Python and Twisted

Jeff Senn senn at maya.com
Mon Jun 19 00:53:14 CEST 2006

Andrew Francis wrote:
> I am curious. Is it possible to run twisted in a
> separate OS thread and have that thread communicate
> with tasklets?

Hm.  I have a related question.

What's the deal with this error from stackless.run():

	if (ts != slp_initial_tstate || ts->st.current != ts->st.main)
		RUNTIME_ERROR(
		    "run() must be run from the main thread's main tasklet.",
		    NULL);

I don't think previous versions of stackless required only
scheduling on the first thread (i.e. the thread that the stackless
module was initialized on).  I have some reasons to need to be
able to run a scheduler on another thread...

Did someone discover some problem? Or is this check just overly
conservative? (A few simple scheduling experiments seem to run
without problem...)

-Jas