[Stackless] New Stackless Tutorial

olsongt at verizon.net olsongt at verizon.net
Tue Jun 27 15:05:12 CEST 2006

> That's very neat.  You do realize, though, that concurrency with stackless
> isn't really concurrent, right?  Your intro talks about how concurrency is
> necessary to take advantage of more processors, but stackless doesn't help with
> that.   You never really have two things running at once under stackless --
> they just take turns under the direction of the scheduler.

Yeah, I do realize that, although I suppose I should note it somewhere... ;-)

At some point I'm hoping to write a section where messages get sent over a
distributed channel via TCP/IP, but haven't got there yet.

Right now I'm working on a section on pre-emptive multitasking, since I haven't
really taken care of the problem in the intro where the family's children
starve to death in a 'normal' program!