[Stackless] Giving names for tasklets

Juho Mäkinen juho.makinen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 21:27:19 CEST 2006

> I have checked in a change where when a tasklet is pickled, it
> uses its class (t->ob_type), rather than the fixed tasklet class
> (PyTaskletObject).

Great. I'll try that tomorrow. I read this article
again and I'm going to try it's idea of actors. After some thinking, I believe
that it will be too hard to pickle a single tasklet which shares resources and
channels with other tasklets. I believe that Harry Kalogirou solved this problem
with his Actors that a single actor does not have any resources to
other Actors (tasklets),
but they communicat using some sort of central event manager. As
result, when a tasklet
(or a group of tasklets) don't have any external resources, their
pickling could be much

> But I think more extensive changes are required.  The
> instance dictionary and any slots are not persisted.  And also
> it looks like channel pickling has the same limitations.

We'll see about that. I believe, that currently stackless does not give enough
ready-to-use tools to develop complex tasklet systems with pickling,
and more high-level tools are needed.

Two extra questions: What is the __slots__ variable and tempval in tasklets
and what's their function?

 - Juho Mäkinen

Stackless mailing list
Stackless at stackless.com