[Stackless] Giving names for tasklets

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 16:26:57 CEST 2006

On 6/27/06, Juho Mäkinen <juho.makinen at gmail.com> wrote:
> There seems to be one broblem thought. If I add a __del__
> method to NamedTasklet, Stackless seems to fail into
> the following assert:
> Assertion failed: Py_UnwindToken->tempval == NULL, file
> ..\Python\ceval.c, line 3016
> In the following code I removed the __del__ and everything works. Is this
> a bug?

Yes.

It would be good to get the smallest possible reproduction case. I
will try and do that after I finish the port of Stackless to 2.5 if no-one
has done so already.

This should be a pretty straightforward bug to fix.

> Feel free to comment and use this code anywhere (stackless.com wiki?)

I will look it over and add the gist of it into the wiki while I am watching the
Tennis this afternoon.  Wimbledon now streams live matches in case
people were not aware of this critical piece of information.

Something I was going to mention about naming tasklets, is how
we do it a little bit differently at CCP.  Maybe it is in the slides from the
presentation Kristján made at PyCon.  We name our tasklets something
like "Vague Category/Specific Label" and then profile time in the tasklet
to this hierarchical name.

Thanks,