[Stackless] Stackless crash

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 20:28:38 CEST 2006

On 6/30/06, Jeff Senn <senn at maya.com> wrote:
> ... seems a little "wrong" for the channel to hold a reference
> to itself (but I really unsure how to the do the opposite: have the tasklet
> hold the reference to the channel) and other things sometimes *seem* wrong
> about stackless too :-) :-)
>
> The patch is pretty easy (included below), but I'm not *certain* it doesn't
> change some basic refcnt assumption somewhere...

Well, I don't know much about ref counting, which is why I was going
to try and avoid it.  But this is the only solution I can think of which
should work.  Well, except for forcing receive() to do hard switching
instead of soft switching.

I think I will wait for Christian's opinion on this before I apply
the patch given the limited case in which the problem occurs.

Thanks,