[Stackless] Considering stackless, vs Python 2.5

stackless at kaishaku.org stackless at kaishaku.org
Sun Jun 25 16:50:19 CEST 2006

I am making a simulation-like game. I am interested in high concurrency.

What are some of my options? It seems python has gained features, which
would make choosing python proper a reasonable choice. Is stackless
still, and continually going to be, much better?

Stackless feels like more work than an event loop and state machine.
The lack of support for certain tools and libraries adds to this.

This new python feature seems particularly interesting for one thing:

  http://docs.python.org/dev/whatsnew/pep-342.html

What major benefits does stackless provide over python in light of
python 2.5's extended generator support, ie coroutines.

--
 kai