[Stackless] Giving names for tasklets

Jeff Senn senn at maya.com
Tue Jun 27 20:12:47 CEST 2006

Richard Tew wrote:

> On 6/27/06, Juho Mäkinen <juho.makinen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I also added a __del__ method to NamedTasklet in hope that it will be called
>> when the tasklet is done, without any success.
>>
>> All additional ideas are well accepted :)
>
> Are you sure there isn't a reference to the tasklet somewhere?
> Is the tasklet being done, it actually being garbage collected?

Yeah... especially if you are, say, "storing all the tasklets into
a list/dictionary" or something...  ;-)

You might want to look here:

http://docs.python.org/lib/module-weakref.html

Or use Richard's idea of wrapping the function with a "finally"...

...which is probably a better idea than using __del__ (which I'm always
a bit leary of) especially given the crash/bug I posted last
week involving thread-state cleanup when running tasklets in another
thread.  I suspicious that if you decide to put references to other
tasklets within the tasklet object itself, you might have to run some
code that is probably not well tested...

-Jas