[Stackless] Giving names for tasklets

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 21:19:11 CEST 2006

On 6/30/06, Richard Tew <richard.m.tew at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/29/06, Juho Mäkinen <juho.makinen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > At dumps() the "print t" prints correctly that t is a NamedTasklet,
> > but at loads() the print t prints that it's a stackless.tasklet object.
> > Where did the NamedTasklet go?
>
> It doesn't look like pickling custom tasklet classes is supported
> and tasklets are just pickled the same plain way.  Not sure what
> is required to support them at this stage.  I'll add looking into it
> to my growing list, unless you want to have a go yourself.

I have checked in a change where when a tasklet is pickled, it
uses its class (t->ob_type), rather than the fixed tasklet class
(PyTaskletObject).

But I think more extensive changes are required.  The
instance dictionary and any slots are not persisted.  And also
it looks like channel pickling has the same limitations.