[Stackless] Giving names for tasklets

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 21:19:11 CEST 2006

On 6/30/06, Richard Tew <richard.m.tew at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/29/06, Juho Mäkinen <juho.makinen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > At dumps() the "print t" prints correctly that t is a NamedTasklet,
> > but at loads() the print t prints that it's a stackless.tasklet object.
> > Where did the NamedTasklet go?
> It doesn't look like pickling custom tasklet classes is supported
> and tasklets are just pickled the same plain way.  Not sure what
> is required to support them at this stage.  I'll add looking into it
> to my growing list, unless you want to have a go yourself.

I have checked in a change where when a tasklet is pickled, it
uses its class (t->ob_type), rather than the fixed tasklet class

But I think more extensive changes are required.  The
instance dictionary and any slots are not persisted.  And also
it looks like channel pickling has the same limitations.

Stackless mailing list
Stackless at stackless.com