[Stackless] Python 2.4.3 precompiled binaries available

Richard richard at ccpgames.com
Thu Mar 30 22:01:35 CEST 2006

Hi Christian,

Good point.  And I do actually know that and should be doing something
about it, since I have ported it about six times since I started porting
Stackless :)

How about both of these:

1. Replace the existing dll zip file downloads with a zip file containing:

    python24.dll
    python24_d.dll
    Lib\pickle.py
    libs\python24.lib
    libs\python24_d.lib

    Which people can just download and extract over their Python
    installation to make it Stackless.

2. Build a complete Windows installable distribution of 2.4.3 that people
    can download and run, with Stackless in place.

    I don't actually know how this is done, but I imagine I can just email
    Anthony Baxter and ask how he does it :)

And maybe if there is not too much involved..

3. An executable installable version of 1,  which locates your
    Python 2.4.3 installation and "upgrades" it to Stackless.

I can definitely do 1 as it is doable without really spending much
time on it.  And 2 is something I have been thinking of doing, and 3
I guess is a bonus if it is worthwhile.

If anyone on the list has an idea of how to go about 3, or something
approximating it, please post to the list.

Thanks,
Richard.