[Stackless] Python 2.4.3 source code

Richard richard at ccpgames.com
Thu Mar 30 15:42:06 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have checked in the Python 2.4.3 source code with the ported Stackless
modifications into the Codespeak subversion repository.  There are
however some minor things that need to be taken into account which you
may be able to help me with, if you have the time.

 1. I need a generated 'configure' file.  I believe the 'configure.in'
    fine should be fine, but if someone could run autoconf and send me
    the result so I can check it in, it would be appreciated.

 2. Having the Python tests run, and the Stackless unittests run by
    various people on different platforms would give a better indication
    of the state of the port.

    The following instructions are of course Win32 specific, but they
    should be translate easily.

    a) Retrieve the 2.4.3 source code from SVN at:
       http://codespeak.net/svn/stackless/Python-2.4.3/dev

    b) Compile it.

    c) Open a console in the 'Stackless\unittests' directory.
       Type '..\..\PCBuild\python.exe run_all.py'.

       The expected result is that one pickling test will fail, this is ok
       and it is the same known bug that we had for 2.4.2, which should be
       easy enough to fix if someone wants to step forward and put in the
       time and effort.

    d) Open a console in the top level of the source code.
       Type 'PCBuild\python.exe Lib\test\regrtest.py'

       The expected result is that there will be a lot of skipped tests,
       and possibly some failures depending on your platform.

       I had these fail:
       - test_email
       - test_winsound

       Neither of the errors were necessarily Stackless related, but it is
       possible they are.  But if you see any for your build that are
       unexpected, please mention them.

Anyway, I guess that this covers everything.

Thanks,