[Stackless] ping

Lloyd Weehuizen lloyd at fusion.net.nz
Wed Mar 8 23:39:24 CET 2006

I've managed to checkout and build from the svn repository. The only
problem I ran into after running configure and compile was that
@SLPFLAGS@ wasn't defined.

Adding back the following ( from the 2.3.3 branch ) to line 130 of
configure.in fixed the problem.

# Stackless flags for compiling the hard switching code
case $MACHDEP in
        darwin)
                SLPFLAGS="-fomit-frame-pointer -O2"
                ;;
        *)
                SLPFLAGS="-fno-omit-frame-pointer -O2"
                ;;
esac
AC_SUBST(SLPFLAGS)

It now builds, runs, and passes all tests except iterator pickling on my
Debian Linux machine:

ERROR: testDict (test_pickle.TestConcretePickledTasklets)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./test_pickle.py", line 167, in testDict
    self.run_pickled(dicttest, 20, 13)
  File "./test_pickle.py", line 114, in run_pickled
    pi = pickle.dumps(t)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <type 'iterator'>: attribute lookup
__builtin__.iterator failed

Lloyd