[Stackless] Memory footprint for tasklets and channels

Johan Carlsson johanc at easypublisher.com
Thu Mar 16 23:40:29 CET 2006

Hi,
I'm new to Stackless (even though I've been lurking around the website
for a year or so. The Python 2.4 release got my attention.)

I've recently been looking in to Erlang for it's micro-threading (for
one thing) but abandoned that idea due to the awkwardness of the
language. I will not be able to maintain anything I might (with a
hugh amount of luck) have produced. So I've dropped that, as least
as a language (might want use the database though).

Anyway, to the question:

How much memory footprint does the different parts of Stackless take.
E.g. a Tasklet, a Channel, the Scheduler and any queues etc...

Is there a limit for how many of this thing you can create other than
memory? I'm assuming a halted tasklet doesn't consume any processor
power at all.

Best Regards,
Johan Carlsson

--