[Stackless] Mistakes, Corrections and Questions Concerning My Pickle Example Re: cPickleshould work?

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Tue May 9 12:27:42 CEST 2006

Richard wrote:

> The ability to remove tasklets from channels, in the manner
> that .remove removes them from the scheduler, seems like a
> useful feature to add.  And the ability to add them back in,
> as well.  If Christian is OK with it, I can add that.

I have no objection to having some simple way to assemble
tasklets into channels. Actually I thought we would always
pickle a whole channel with all its tasklets. But in certain
situations this might be a bit much.

I didn't use the pickling feature enough no know the needs.
Now that it gets used, this comes naturally. But let's
be careful and minimalistic with adding features.

At some point, I want to get rid of all hand-written
non-essenctial C code that can be generated from an RPython
implementation, automatically.

the best way to write C code is not to write it at all - chris