[Stackless] building problems on linux

Stephan Diehl stephan.diehl at gmx.net
Fri May 5 19:12:27 CEST 2006

I had some problems building stackless 2.4.3 on a linux box (from a fresh svn
checkout).
I had to do the following:
1. make 'configure' executable (o.k., I could have run 'bash configure', but
where the fun in that?)
2. go into the Modules directory and do a "replace('\r\n','\n')" on
makesetup, config.c.in and Setup.dist

For some reason, the Setup.config, which is created by the configure process
ends up with the wrong newlines as well (I couldn't figure out where that
comes from).
So, after 'configure' failed, Modules/Setup.config needed to be fixed and the
last two lines of the configure script run manually.

After that, 'make', 'make install' worked like a charm.

Maybe somebody with write access could fix this (or give me write access, or
whatever)

Cheers

Stephan