[Stackless] FW: bug in latest release

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Tue May 16 11:32:05 CEST 2006

On 5/15/06, Grant Olson <olsongt at verizon.net> wrote:
> I tried sending this email to the mailing list a few times without
> subscribing.  Based on the info page at
> http://www.stackless.com/mailman/listinfo/stackless I thought this would
> work, and was maybe expecting moderator approval.  Instead, the email seems
> to have gone into a black hole.  Not a big deal, but I would have preferred
> a bounce email from the mail server.

I had exactly the same experience.  I can change the behaviour of the
mailing list to bounce rather than discard (if Christian already
hasn't), but will need to confirm with Christian that it isn't set
that way for a reason before I do.

> Do we report bugs here or is there a bug tracker somewhere?

Here.  Unfortunately, the bug tracker isn't working.

> I'm running python 2.4.3 on Windows XP.  The following code hangs when I try
> it in stackless.  It properly throws recursionLimitException with stock
> python 2.4.3:

Thanks a lot for the report :)

Unless someone else gets to it first, I will look into it.