[Stackless] Fwd: endian issues pickling tasklets

John Tantalo john.tantalo at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 16:42:09 CET 2006

That's essentially what we're doing, minus the load balancing,
security, and failover. The first is not a new problem. Security in
this context would be difficult to achieve, since we must also send to
the client the module that contains the tasklet's function. Right now,
we are doing this by storing the module's bytecode, but I'm no python
security expert, so this may not be the best solution. Security is not
a big concern of ours, anyway. As for failover, though we don't have a
mechanism in place, it would be trivial to rollback a failed state to
some previous state, since the entire state history is stored in the
database. Our focus is on the scheduler (broker) and user interface.

- John