[Stackless] Compile Error on Intel Mac

Mikeal Rogers mikeal at osafoundation.org
Wed Nov 22 09:12:12 CET 2006

I've got a Macbook Pro Core Duo and am trying to compile the latest
in the python2.5 branch http://svn.python.org/projects/stackless/
branches/release25-maint/

configure works fine, but I'm getting this error during make.

gcc -c -fno-strict-aliasing -DSTACKLESS_FRHACK=0 -Wno-long-double -no-
cpp-precomp -mno-fused-madd -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-
prototypes  -I. -I./Include -I./Stackless   -DPy_BUILD_CORE -fomit-
frame-pointer -O2 -I. -o Stackless/core/slp_transfer.o ./Stackless/
core/slp_transfer.c
./Stackless/core/slp_transfer.c: In function 'slp_transfer':
./Stackless/core/slp_transfer.c:149: warning: control may reach end
of non-void function 'slp_switch' being inlined
./Stackless/platf/switch_x86_unix.h:37: error: PIC register 'ebx'
clobbered in 'asm'
make: *** [Stackless/core/slp_transfer.o] Error 1

Google found that someone had the same error at some point compiling
for darwin-ppc but a fix was supposed to be checked into the trunk
and seeing that it's an issue in asm I imagine the fix is different
on intel. Any help i much appreciated.

Thanks,

-Mikeal