[Stackless] Crash with .run in another Thread

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Sun Nov 5 11:19:47 CET 2006

Jeff Senn wrote:
> Just to be clear; I convinced Richard to make a change:
>
> <	if (ts != slp_initial_tstate || ts->st.current != ts->st.main)
>  > 	if (ts->st.current != ts->st.main)
>
> in the release25-maint version so that this was possible (running
> also from another
> thread).  At the time I could not find an example that crashed. Now
> I have.  So, in some way, this is my fault :-) :-)

Yes, I intentionally did not allow that because I was not
sure about the consequences.

> But I would like to be able to run from other threads...so if we can
> find the problem it would be a good thing.

The crash exists, also in the unmodified 2.4.3 version.
Correctly switching between threads while each scheduling
their own list of tasklets is a wish, but it needs more
work to get that right.
Until now, it only seemed reasonable to run multiple tasklets in
the main thread and use other threads only for single tasklets
which need the power of threads.

ciao - chris