[Stackless] unexpected tasklet & channel behaviour

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 08:31:39 CET 2006

On 11/2/06, ardatur <ardatur at mail.ru> wrote:
> Richard Tew wrote:
>
> >> Stackless was not designed to run a specific tasklet, it was
> >> more like letting things happen using the round-robin
> >> approach. Maybe a coroutine interface would be more appropriate
> >> to specify what a run() should do?
>
> RT> Don't worry about it.  I think you are spot on with what you say
> RT> above.  People just have to understand that the scheduler is
> RT> the core of Stackless, and that it is impractical to promise things
> RT> like running of a single tasklet, given that you do not know what
> RT> might happen in that tasklet.
>
> Maybe an explicit note on the lines of "what not to expect of
> method_xxx (despite its name)" in the dox would help the situation?

Yes, the documentation.  Cough :-)

I hope to find time to work on some.  But it is a good idea to put it in
the doc string for tasklet.run though.  I'll try and remember to do so
when I have time.

Makes me feel like we need a bug tracker.  I wonder if we can
get some space in the new python.org one.