[Stackless] Compile Error on Intel Mac

Mikeal Rogers mikeal at osafoundation.org
Wed Nov 22 19:36:16 CET 2006

Thanks,

I built with --enable-stacklessfewerregisters and --enable-
universalsdk and it built and installed fine.

I want to be able to explicitly call stackless and leave the regular
python alone so building "unix-y" is better since there currently
isn't any python installed in /usr/local/bin

FYI:
The shear amount of python's one has to keep installed on OS X is
amazing. Currently I have;

/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/	#Ships with
Tiger
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4 & 2.5 #Installed
from MacPython at python.org
/opt/local/bin/python2.5  #Installed by MacPorts as a dependency
and now
/usr/local/bin/python2.5 # Stackless

Everyone I know at some point has path issues and ends up calling the
wrong python. The easy is fix is to stick your python bin of choice
at the front of your path 'Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/
Versions/Current/bin'.

Since I want to be explicitly calling stackless I'll be creating a
symbolic link for /usr/local/bin/stackless  ->  /usr/localbin/python2.5

-Mikeal