[Stackless] Invitation to Present at PyCon 2007

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Tue Oct 31 18:22:26 CET 2006

Andrew Dalke wrote:
> Christian:
>> I was thinking about the new stackless implementation in
>> PyPy, and to explain the similarities and how it differs.
>>
>> Maybe merging efforts, or better have to shorter talks?
>> Mine could be more PyPy related if we don't have a PyPy
>> talk on Pycon already (dunno, do we? will ask the current sprint)
>
> We're talking about two different audiences.  When I see "PyPy"
> I think "something interesting but too abstract for me to
> follow".  For me I would like to get people to understand the
> base reason for why Stackless is interesting.  I don't think
> there's been much on that.  The Stackless community doesn't have
> much in the way of outreach/evangenlicalism/propaganda/advertisement/
> given the interesting things I think can be done with it.

Fine, then let's give two different talks.
I'm not trying to explain PyPy, but the
implementation of Stackless on top of
a technology that does not have the restrictions
like C python. Of course there are other restrictions.

The interesting result of having two different
implementations led me to lots of thoughts which
resukted in the essentials of Stackless python.
Maybe this is exactly what I should talk about.

looking forward to a great conference - chris