[Stackless] Invitation to Present at PyCon 2007

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 18:01:09 CET 2006

On 10/31/06, Andrew Dalke <dalke at dalkescientific.com> wrote:
> How's this for an abstract?
>
> Stackless Python is modified version of CPython with support for
> tasklets; also called microthreads, fibers or green threads.  Tasklets
> are an additional way to implement multithreading but with much

As someone who hasn't used threading much, I find linkage
between threading and what Stackless has to taint Stackless
with a feeling of complexity.

For me tasklets are just some simple utility which lifts
functions up a level, enabling cleaner, more readable code
and in conjunction with channels, less boilerplate.  That it
is a simpler form of threading is something that never
comes to mind.

But that is probably just me.  The abstract sounds great
and right on target ignoring that (as any sane person
probably should). Especially given the impending or
passed deadline :-)

Richard