[Stackless] OS-X installer (was: Re: asyncore/chat or stackless for SMTP server?)

Santiago Gala santiago.gala at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 18:40:21 CEST 2006

Erlang has nothing like socket.getaddrinfo(), what I discovered painfully
while trying to adapt ejabberd-mod-irc adapter to ipv6. The listening
sockets can be make to work, by using ::1, but having sockets choose the
best ipv4/ipv6 address when connecting is not trivial at all.

So, if you need ipv6 compatibility, erlang might not be the best solution.

While at that, how is people handling the intrinsic blocking nature of
getaddrinfo() as the first step of dual ipv4/ipv6 client or server
connections?

Regards
Santiago Gala