[Stackless] Invitation to Present at PyCon 2007

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Tue Oct 31 13:54:38 CET 2006

Jeff Rush:

Richard Tew wrote:
> At this time, there are no plans for either myself or anyone that I
> know
> of at CCP to go to PyCon again this year.  But if someone else wants
> to do a talk on Stackless, I am more than willing to help where I can.

I am planning to go to PyCon.  I think Stackless needs more exposure.
I've given various Py* talks before.

I don't know enough, yet, to be able to give a new talk.  At best it
would be an intro talk describing what Stackless does and how to
use it in different circumstances.  I know the tutorial talks about
how to use Stackless with a game, but I've never done game design.
(I have worked on numerical simulations of biomolecules.  That's
not something where Stackless would be appropriate.)

I had thoughts by now to work more on the monkeypatch idea from
last August, but work intervened.  The proposal is due in about
12 hours and I don't think I can be done with a monkeypatch by then.  ;)

Would something like the following be good?
   - stackless does lightweight threading
   - some fundamentals
   - using stackless for boss/worker model
       - maybe implement a turing machine?  MARS/Redcode from the 1980s?
           something with a model and with visualization of the model
   - doing stackless I/O
   - .. maybe something workflow related?

I'm sure I can talk about everything but the last one.  For that
there are too many uncertainties to make something definite now.

Thoughts and feedback?

					dalke at dalkescientific.com

Stackless mailing list
Stackless at stackless.com